On behalf of ISEC2012 Local Organizing Committee:
The third biennial International Statistical Ecology Conference (ISEC2012) is now accepting abstracts.
The conference will be held 3-6 July 2012 and is hosted by the Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis, Department of Biology, University of Oslo. It will take place at Sundvolden Hotel outside Oslo.
We have an extraordinary group of plenary speakers, whose general topics are:
- Nils Chr. Stenseth, Univ. of Oslo (Norway): Opening remarks
- Steinar Engen, Norwegian Univ. of Science and Technology (Norway): Stochastic age-structured modelling, including dynamics, genetics and some estimation
- Rachel Fewster, Univ. of Aukland (N.Z.): Genetics in statistical ecology
- Joanna Mills Flemming, Dalhousie University (Canada): The Ocean Tracking Network - Visualization tools and novel analyses for acoustic tracking data
- Otso Ovaskainen, Univ. of Helsinki (Finland): The analysis of spatial data: individual movements and species and community models
- André Punt, Univ. of Washington (U.S.): Estimating precautionary thresholds for US west coast fisheries
- Andy Royle, Patuxent Wildlife Research Center (U.S.): Incorporating auxiliary spatial information in capture-recapture models
- Len Thomas, Univ. of St. Andrews (Scotland): The future of statistical ecology
There will also be pre-conference workshops within the area of ecological statistics taking place 30 June to 3 July. Two of these will be held at Finse Alpine Research Center in the Hardangervidda mountain plateau and the remaining two at the conference venue, Sundvolden Hotel.
We welcome abstracts for contributed talks and poster presentations. Further information about the conference, workshops and abstract submission can be found at the conference website:
Please place the dates of this conference into your diaries (3-6 July 2012) and visit the conference website for updates.
ISEC2012 Local Organizing Committee